Thread: Where and what does it look like?

1. Default Where and what does it look like?

I am still just considering the lapband but it looks as if there is a section of tube with a round end that extends outside the body. Is this true? Where is it located? How big is it? (hard to tell from pictures). Does it protrude? Is the exit location sore? How can you wear a bathing suit with this thing? Or am I totally on the wrong track?

Thanks.

Default Re: Where and what does it look like?

No, that's the port it is inside stitched to the muscle wall. You can feel that it's there, but it's all inside. The dr. uses a syringe to put saline in or out to adjust the band. I thought that to the first time I looked it up. Deb
    Banded July 24th, 2007
    Dr. B Anderson S 250/C 187/G 170 -63
    November 30th, 2009 Began eating raw vegan diet
    Still eating Raw Vegan- not losing fast but losing.
    Added back more protein,cooked fish and yogurt trying to return to all raw diet. 7/28/2010

just,

the entire apparatus is internal, band, tubing and the round end, which is called the port. The port is placed under the skin and is accessed using a syringe. the needle goes through the skin and into the port, where saline is either put in or taken out of the band and tubing.

does that make sense? Nothing protrudes. I can feel my port under the skin a few inches above my belly button and off to the left side. I have to be careful getting clothes out of the washer, when I bend over it presses against my port. Otherwise it doesn't bother me at all. And it doesn't hurt once it's healed in. I don't often wear a bathing suit but that has nothing to do with my port or band

Hope that helps. Happy researching!
    Kathy
    April 8, 2005 Dr. Kuri~Port replaced 7-10-09
    High 250/Surgery 223/Current 241/Goal 160
    Height 5'5"
    Smoke-Free since November 29, 2006
    (low weight before quitting 173.4, high weight after quitting 250)

DB...

Jinx!