In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
The facilitators and administrators of Band2gether Lap Band Support Forums (hereby referred to as "b2g") have constructed a set of rules and guidelines we expect all members to follow. Please note that we reserve the right to add, delete, or modify the rules without prior notice to the members of this website.
- Advertising is strictly prohibited in any form without the prior permission of the Administrators. Any commercial advertising will be unacceptable, but charitable advertising may be allowed.
- All debates not related to lap-band issues must remain in the Off Topic forums.
- Abusive, derogatory, hateful, lewd, crude, or sexually inappropriate language should not be used. Verbally assaulting members of b2g or other support networks is considered unacceptable.
- Please ensure any commentary on surgeons, hospitals, and medical practitioners is strictly informational and accurate. Any acts of libel against a surgeon, hospital, or medical practice are the opinion of the author and b2g staff do not support this behavior. Such material will be removed and the author could be removed from the site. Please report any instances to us using the Contact form
- No lewd, lascivious, sexually inappropriate, or pornographic material is permitted on b2g. Some nudity may occur with pictures of plastic surgery directly as a result of weight loss and this is considered appropriate.
- The b2g staff recommend that you keep highly personal information (such as your address and phone number) off of public forums. While you may post this information, we strongly recommend against it.
- If you see a problem occurring please bring it to the attention of the facilitators by reporting the thread.
- Leave the disciplining to the moderating team.
- Do not post on a problem thread continuously asking it to be locked.
- b2g is considered a "PG" rated site and we therefor request swearing be kept to a minimum. Excessive strong language will not be tolerated.
- At b2g we're adopting a 4 strike policy. There is no appealing to any suspension/ban once the decision has been made.
The facilitators and administrators reserve the right to waive, or increase severity of punitive measures on a case by case basis.
- 1st offense will result in a formal warning.
- 2nd offense will result in a 24 hour suspension.
- 3rd offense will result in a 2 week suspension.
- 4th offense will result in a complete ban.
- b2g does not take an responsibility for material posted by individuals within it's forum. Every post is the responsibility of the originating author and while we will strive to keep all inappropriate material out of b2g, we can not be everywhere at once. We ask for your support in keeping b2g a friendly, clean, and happy environment for everyone.
- The staff of b2g are held to the same restrictions as regular members and in no way exempt from these rules.
- Any illegal activity directed at, or occurring within the forum / website, will be reported to the appropriate authorities without exception.
By accepting these rules and guidelines you also agree to hold b2g, its owners, administrators, host, or anyone else affiliated with this forum harmless for any claims you or any third party may have against them.
If you do not feel you can abide by these rules please click here